We here at Carlson Eyecare Centers work hard to keep our environment safe for all of you, which includes not working when we are sick.
Here are some tips on how to protect yourselves and your loved ones: (*CDC – Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your Eyes, Nose and Mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. (If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.) Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask. (CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.) (Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).)
A few other recommendations are to eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle. Please take care and consider those around you!